1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
Images from the Daily Overview Project
About the project:
Our project was inspired, and derives its name, from an idea known as the Overview Effect. This term refers to the sensation astronauts have when given the opportunity to look down and view the Earth as a whole. They have the chance to appreciate our home in its entirety, to reflect on its beauty and its fragility all at once. That’s the cognitive shift that we hope to inspire.
From our line of sight on the earth’s surface, it’s impossible to fully appreciate the beauty and intricacy of the things we’ve constructed, the sheer complexity of the systems we’ve developed, or the devastating impact that we’ve had on our planet. We believe that beholding these forces as they shape our Earth is necessary to make progress in understanding who we are as a species, and what is needed to sustain a safe and healthy planet.
Miss Frizzle and Mary Poppins, Lady Time Lords.
I ship it to the moon.
The Teacher and The Nanny. The Magic School Bus is a TARDIS, and Mary’s bag is bigger on the inside. No one will ever convince me that this is not true. Oh, and I ship it.
For crying out loud, the Magic School Bus actually does travel through time and space, easily changes it’s form like a Chameleon Circuit, and is casually ALIVE in certain ways. It’s a friggin’ TARDIS in all but name!